Friday 26 April 2013

Thetford Ancient House Textile Day 3 April 2013

The Ancient House musuem in Thetford - A beautifull Grade I listed Tudor merchant's house, see website-  http://www.museums.norfolk.gov.uk/Visit_Us/Ancient_House/index.htm for more information.
As part of Textiles day I took the Saori Piccolo weaving loom along for the morning to give visitors the chance to weave on a modern weaving loom in ancient surroundings. What fun!
Mary and Sheila from the Diss Weavers, spinners and dyers guild were demonstrating spinning on Ashford wheels and people had a go at spinning a yarn.


A really inspiring place to weave for the morning and well worth a visit!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kim! I like your blog!
    The Ancient House looks interesting ~ I haven't been there before.
    I enjoyed my first Saori weaving try at Ethika, back in the Autumn..and seeing a pic of the finished group weaving on one of your posts! I spotted my bit! Amazing how quickly it grows when lots of people take part.
    Look forward to reading more soon.
    x Alex

    ReplyDelete